Terms and Conditions
Board of County Commissioners Broward County, Florida
Timed Auction of
Surplus Vehicles and Equipment 2020
- The Board of County Commissioners, Broward County, will conduct a public auction of County vehicles and equipment which have been declared as surplus to the needs of Broward County.
- AUCTION DATE:
- This auction will be a Timed On-Line Auction. Bids will be received at www.nationalauctionbroward.com. The auction will start at 10:00 AM, May 26, 2020, and will end promptly at 3:00 PM, June 8, 2020. All bids will be reported to The Board of County Commissioners, Broward County, Florida. The top bid price and next highest bidder’s information will be reported as the High Bidder and Back-Up Bidder to Broward County personal. Bids received after 3:00 PM, Eastern Standard Time on June 8, 2020, will not be accepted except those that fall under the conditions of Extensions of Bid described in the following bullet.
- Extensions of Bid: In the event a bid or bids are made during the last five minutes of an auction, the end time for the auction will be extended for an additional five minutes. Extensions will continue until no further bids are received within the last five minutes of the auction.
- The vehicles and equipment included in this Time-Bid Auction will be offered and sold Subject to the Confirmation of the Seller, The Broward County Board of County Commissioners. In the event top bid prices are not confirmed by Broward County, the items may be withdrawn from the auction and placed in an event to be conducted at a future time. It is expected Top Bidders will be notified that their bid has either been accepted within 48 hours from the time the auction closes.
- The Auction will be conducted by the National Auction Company on their website, www.nationalauctionbroward.com.
- INSPECTION OF VEHICLES:
- The vehicles and equipment included in this auction are not available for Preview because of pending requirements brought about by the COVID 19 Pandemic.
- The Auctioneer and his staff will provide information pertaining to each item included in the auction that describes its current condition, odometer reading, observable damage, and running condition. Photographs and descriptions will be published on the Auctioneer’s website.
- In the event a vehicle does not run or has specific damage, this information will be provided on the Auctioneer’s Website.
- Each vehicle is specifically offered and sold in As-Is condition without guaranty or warranty either expressed or implied.
- Specific information desired by any Registered Bidder can be obtained by contacting George Richards at (954) 658-5033.
- CONDITIONS OF SALE AND DELIVERY-TERMS AND INDEMNIFICATION:
- Broward County, as a casual seller, is selling surplus vehicles and equipment at Public Auction, for cash, to the highest bidders. Announcements made by the Auctioneer will be made via the website and e-mailed to all registered bidders. Despite our efforts to avoid the withdrawal of items from the sale list after being mailed or advertised, it may sometimes be necessary. Therefore, Broward County Board of County Commissioners reserves the right to do so and further reserves the right to accept or reject any/all bids.
- Buyer (s) shall at all times hereafter indemnify, hold harmless and, defend County, its officers, agents, servants, and employees from and against any and all causes of action, damages, claims, losses, liabilities, and expenditures of any kind, including attorney fees, court costs, and expenses, causes or alleged to be caused by an intentional or negligent act of, or omission of, Buyer, its subcontractors, employees, agents, servants, or officers, or occurring, resulting from or related to the subject matter of this Agreement including, without limitation, the removal of any property purchased by the Buyer from the County, the sale by Buyer of any such property to third parties, ant defect in the operation or physical condition of any such property and any and all claims, losses, liabilities, expenditures, demands or causes of action of any nature whatsoever resulting from injuries or damaged sustained by any person or property. In the event any lawsuit or other proceeding is brought against COUNTY by reason of any such claim, cause of action or demand, Buyer shall, upon written notice from COUNTY, resist and defend such lawsuit or proceeding by counsel satisfactory to the COUNTY or, at COUNTY’s option, pay for an attorney selected by County Attorney to defend COUNTY. To the extent considered necessary by the Contract Administrator and the County Attorney, any sums due Buyer under this Agreement may be retained by COUNTY until all COUNTY’s claims for indemnification pursuant to this Agreement have been settled or otherwise resolved; and any amount withheld shall not be subject to payment of interest by COUNTY. The provisions and obligations of this section shall survive the expiration or earlier termination of this Agreement.
- All property is offered and sold “as is” and “where-is”. The County makes no warranties or guarantees expressed or implied to the operation or condition of any piece of equipment. Even though a great effort is made to assure the accuracy of the information, including odometer statements, it is possible information provided might not be correct.
- Once top bid prices have been received and communicated to Broward County Personal, ALL SALES ARE FINAL. NO REFUNDS. NO EXCHANGES
- Successful bidder (s) agree to comply with all terms and provisions as listed above.
- NOTIFICATION TO TOP BIDDERS AND PAYMENTS:
- All Top Bidders will be notified their bid has been accepted by the National Auction Company through the E-Mail address supplied at the time of Bidder Registration.
- Payments can be made by Credit Card (Visa/MasterCard, American Express and Discover), Cash, Money Order, Certified Check, or Cashier’s Check. All checks should be made payable to Broward County Board of County Commissioners. Personal and Corporate Checks cannot be accepted for this auction.
- All payments will be due no later than five (5) working days after being notified they are the Top Bidder.
- A. Payments must be made at the Fleet Services Administrative Office located at 1600 NW 31 Avenue, Pompano Beach, Florida 33069-5101.
- B. Payments can be made between the hours of 10:00 AM and 3:00 P.M. ONLY.
- C. Certificate of Motor Vehicle Titles and vehicle keys will be released following payment in full.
- D. In the event a Top Bidder has purchased more than one vehicle, payment in full must be received before anything can be removed from County property.
- If the buyer fails to complete the sale under the conditions set forth hereon, or agreed to by the County, any deposits and/or payments made to the account of the County will be forfeited and vehicles will remain the property of the County.
- If a Top Bidder fails to make payment in full after being notified their bid has been accepted, at the discretion of Broward County and/or the Auctioneer, the bidder’s name will be subject to removal from the mailing list and may not be permitted to participate in future auctions.
- LICENSE PLATES & TITLE TRANSFERS:
- Buyers of vehicles will be responsible for any required license plate, transfer fees, insurance and payment of State Sales Tax. Titles, where required, will be signed over to the new buyer. The title will be completed showing the buyer, date of sale, mileage and the amount of purchase price. Titles will be notarized if required.
- It is noted the vehicles being offered for sale may have excessive mileage which makes them exempt from odometer statements.
- Property must be removed from the auction site, 1600 NW 30 Avenue (Blount Road) Pompano Beach, Florida 33069, on or before Wednesday, June 17, 2020 at 3:00 P.M. Neither Broward County or National Auction Company is responsible for vehicles, equipment, machinery, or other items that remain at the auction site after completion of the auction.
- Broward County will have staff and equipment available to assist with loading between the hours of 10:00 A.M. until 2:00 P.M.
- It will be the responsibility of Top Bidders (Purchasers) to arrange for their own transportation and removal of Non-Running Vehicles from Broward County’s property. Bidders (Purchasers) should bring their own jump-boxes or battery cables for any vehicle that will not start on its own.
- Top Bidders (Purchasers) using Towing Services will be required to be present when vehicles are being removed from Broward County property.
- Top Bidders (Purchases) will be required to sign a receipt which shows delivery of purchased vehicles or equipment.
- All bidders are required to register with National Auction Company on their website, www.nationalauctionbroward.com. Each Bidder will be assigned a Bidder’s Number. The Bidder’s Number will be used and that number will be recorded for that sale.
Address: 1600 NW 30 Avenue (Blount Road) Pompano Beach, Florida 33069
- From I-95 (Broward County)
Exit at Copans Road and continue West to Blount Road. At the traffic signal, turn left and continue to the auction site on your left just North of the Sheriff’s Office facility.
- From the Turnpike (Broward County)
Exit at Coconut Creek Parkway (Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd), Exit #67. After paying toll, continueto the traffic signal and turn left onto Cocnut Creek Parkway (MLK Blvd.). At Blount Road, turn left, and the auction site will be on your right just past the Sheriff’s Office facility.
- POINTS OF CONTACT:
- Agency: Broward County Fleet Services Division
Contact Name: James Bailey
Contact Number: 954-357-5450
Contact Email: email@example.com
- Auctioneer: National Auction Company
Contact Name: George Richards
Contact Number: 954-658-5033
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Agency: Broward County Fleet Services Division